- Naturally customer centric
- Previous administration and accounts experience, preferably in an ECE environment, but this is not essential. Strong computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships. A collaborative team player who can self-manage.
- High attention to detail, strong organisational and time management skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability with a can-do attitude
- 30 hours per week
- Salary $39,000 - $42,120 – 30 hours
The Centre Administrator plays a vital front-line role at Childsteps Early Learning Centre. The primary role is to ensure the first point of contact for the Centre is professional and pleasant. Supporting the Centre Manager as well as teaching and support staff, this role requires the demonstration of sound interpersonal and relationship building capability.
Adaptability - adapts to changing work environments, work priorities and organisational needs. Able to effectively deal with change and diverse people
Teamwork - interacts with people effectively. Able and willing to share and receive information. Co-operates within the group and across groups. Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals.
Work standards - sets and maintains high performance standards. Pays close attention to detail, accuracy and completeness. Shows concern for all aspects of the job and follows up on work outputs.
Motivation - displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Commits to putting in additional effort. Maintains high level of productivity and self-direction.
Stress tolerance - displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis. Deals with difficult situations while maintaining performance. Seeks support from others when necessary and uses appropriate coping techniques.
Communication - expresses ideas effectively. Organises and delivers information appropriately. Listens actively.
- Understand and practice the Centre’s philosophy
- Maintain a professional image by consistently upholding uniform and hygiene standards as set out in staff handbook
- Ability to be organised demonstrating time management skills
- Articulate ideas and opinions professionally both written and verbal
- Role model consistent standards, building and maintaining relationships of co-operation
- Ensure that centre policies are implemented into daily practice
- Attend and actively participate in centre meetings
- Participate in on going professional development and share the acquired information and experience with the team
- Ability to be a self-learner and work autonomously within guidelines
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Greet customers professionally
- Show prospective parents around the Centre
- Deal with parent enquiries
- Maintain the reception area in a tidy manner
- Answer phones in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Respond to emails and voicemails in a timely manner
- Filing of Ministry of Education documents (ensuring required signing has been completed)
- Prepare enrolment and welcome packs for new parents
- Clear mail box and distribute
- Stationery ordering and maintenance
- Enter invoices into Xero and reconcile transactions on a weekly basis
- Deal with account enquiries
- Record centre financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner
- Reconcile WINZ subsidies
- Reconcile Eftpos transactions with child management software and Xero
- Banking as required
- Invoicing and receipting of parent fees
- Reconcile receipts with Ezypay weekly report
- Manage new parent Ezypay applications
- Manage parent fee payments
- Enter enrolment information in a timely manner
- Update all contact details for families and staff
- Keep immunisation records in child management software up-to-date
- Maintain other parent and child information in child management software
- Participate in centre in centre fundraising and celebration events
- Promote the centre within the community
Health and Safety
- Ensure OSH checks have been returned from the classrooms and filed
- Check accident reports, liaise with Centre Manager and file
- Practice safe work methods, utilising and making proper use of safety equipment and eliminating workplace hazards
- Be competent in fire and evacuation procedures
- Complete accurate and timely incident reporting
- Maintain resources to a high standard, reporting maintenance issues within the room when they occur
- Understand health and safety responsibility per health and safety legislation and centre policy and procedures
- Take responsibility for your own health and safety and ensure no action or inaction on your own part harms others in the workplace
- Assist in the kitchen as required
- Assist in the classroom if required
Provide support and expertise to other teachers, team members and the management team as required or any other tasks or projects specified by management from time to time or delegated to you.